From the World Leader in Hemoconcentration
Hemoconcentration: The Treatment of Choice
The use of hemoconcentrators during cardiac bypass surgery has continued to rise rapidly. Hemoconcentration has become the preferred method of controlling hemodilution during cardiopulmonary surgery by surgeons and perfusionists throughout the world. This process is also being performed to maintain higher hematocrit levels and to reduce the need for additional blood products during and after bypass.
The Hemocor HPH Family
The Hemocor HPH family of high performance hemoconcentrators is designed to meet the needs of both adult and pediatric patients. The high performance of the Hemocor HPH enables the perfusionist to manage the patient’s hematocrit and fluid status. The convenience of the “no-rinse” hemoconcentrator allows insertion into the extracorporeal circuit at any time during surgery without the need to rinse the unit. Hemocor HPH hemoconcentrators are designed using glycerine-free polysulfone membranes. Such membranes have exceptional biocompatibility through a broad range of medical device applications. Their superior blood compatibility is well documented with clinical evidence. MEDIVATORS has accumulated the expertise and knowledge from over 10 years of development, manufacturing, and clinical experience, which is reflected in the quality and innovation of the Hemocor HPH family.
Proven Therapeutic Effectiveness
Using the Hemocor HPH hemoconcentrator:
- Reduces the need for homologous blood and blood products by providing patients with their own concentrated whole blood.
- Maintains the desired hematocrit level for oxygen transport to tissues.
- Decreases the risk of post-operative bleeding through the retention of platelets and plasma coagulation proteins.
- Maintains oncotic pressure by retaining plasma proteins while quickly and gently removing excess plasma water.
- Minimizes the need for diuretic use, which may be contraindicated for some patients.
- Polysulfone membrane offers excellent biocompatibility
- Proprietary fiber manufacturing process ensures consistent performance
- No-rinse fiber for convenient set up
- Complete model selection offers ultrafiltration rates for the full range of patients from the neonate to largest adult
- Meets the biocompatibility requirements of ISO 10993-4 selection of tests for interactions with blood
- Manufactured under U.S. Patent 5,762,798
Convenience and Value
- The Hemocor HPH provides perfusionists with a convenient and lower cost method of processing hemodiluted blood.
- The “no-rinse” hemoconcentrator can be easily inserted into the extracorporeal circuit by the perfusionist at any time during the surgical procedure.
- Shortened circuit assembly time is accomplished with the use of the optional standard tubing sets.
- Costs are reduced by eliminating purchases of capital equipment and blood processing kits.
- PLASMA FREE HEMOGLOBIN CLEARANCE BY HEMOCOR HPH HEMOCONCENTRATOR AND OTHER COMPETITIVE DEVICES, THE 53RD ASAIO CONFERENCE, CHICAGO, IL, June 7-9, 2007. [PDF] click here
- ASSESSMENT OF HEMOCOR HEMOCONCENTRATOR IN CONTRAST MEDIA CLEARANCE, THE 55TH ASAIO ANNUAL CONFERENCE, DALLAS, TX, MAY 28-30, 2009 [PDF] click here
- INFLUENCE OF HEMOCOR HPH- HEMOCONCENTRATOR ON ATP RELEASE FROM HUMAN ERYTHROCYTES, THE 56TH ASAIO ANNUAL CONFERENCE, BALTIMORE, MD, MAY 27-29, 2010 [PDF] click here