Endoscope valves are vital, sophisticated devices that require regular meticulous cleaning procedures. There are over 30 steps to proper manual cleaning and reprocessing of Biopsy, Air/Water and Suction Valves, which can make the cleaning process difficult, if not impossible.
Healthcare-related infections from endoscopy continue to occur, for two reasons:
- Failure to adhere to current disinfection guidelines and
- Because of the complex design of endoscopes, which includes “springs and valves” as part of the endoscope that complicate adequate disinfection.¹
MEDIVATORS DEFENDO® Sterile Single Use Air/Water, Suction and Biopsy Valves:
- Eliminate manual cleaning and reprocessing of reusable valves
- Help create consistent practices
- Reduce the potential for errors
- Available for Olympus® Endoscopes and Pentax® 90 Series GI Endoscopes.